Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lucy's Easter Message (Happy Birthday Shaun)

As most of you know, I've been busy visiting churches this year. I didn't go yesterday, it was my 'off' week (besides, church at Easter? how cliche) but I did spend some time thinking about what Easter means to me.

When I was in church, Easter was my favourite time of the year. As Christians we got to proudly exclaim that "Jesus was risen!" on our Facebook pages and not be ridiculed. We got to go to church more times than in an average week, and it was a good excuse to guilt our friends and relies to come along with us.

But it's been a few years now since Easter has been a religious holiday for me. So this weekend? Yeah, I was really happy for a long break. I've started my new job and it's wonderful, but nice to have a rest and a few mornings in bed. Also it's MICF time, and we had lots of tickets to lots of shows. Also I had good food with good friends.

But my baby boy Shaun turns three this week, and I thought I'd share a little about life I've learned from my beaglier for my Easter message.

1 - Cuddles are great, and will change your life. Have cuddles everyday.
2 - Walks are also great. Smell the air, make friends with the people you pass, prance.
3 - A kind heart and a positive attitude are more important than skills and tricks. People want to be around you because of who you are, not what you can do.
4 - Embrace your youth. Don't be in a hurry to grow up and be slower, more careful. Take risks, do spins and eat your dinner fast.
5 - Don't waste time looking in the mirror when there are far more interesting things to look at than your own reflection. Take in the view around you. Don't be proud.
6 - Get a dog. They make your life better.


Happy Easter, Happy Long Weekend, or Happy Chocolate-fest.

Love you X

No comments:

Post a Comment