Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Raising Shaun

Things I've learned in 2010, courtesy of one young Beagleier
(...and a few others)

1 - Life is better shared with someone you love.
2 - A good diet and lots of exercise makes you happy, healthy and better company.
3 - Sometimes you know what's better for someone than they do (eg. onions).
4 - Sometimes they don't care (eg. cake).
5 - When you love someone, you never give up on them. You never judge them. You're never ashamed of them them. You just want to hug them.
6 - Unconditional love takes you away from work, away from your own problems, and makes you be a better person.
7 - Family is precious and should never be taken for granted, or abused.
8 - It takes quality time to build a special relationship. Time, and a lot of patience.
9 - A new puppy might move in next door and steal your heart for a minute, but true love always finds its way back home.
10 - Life is better shared with someone you love.

Best thing I've learned in 2010? Love. Find the right person (or puppy) and love them with everything you can. Choose love every day. It makes you a better person, and makes the world a better place.

So my New Years Day message is simple: Fall in love in 2011. Fall in love for the first time, or fall in love all over again.

And to the boy who truly changed my life, James, thanks for loving me. You make me better.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy. Loving the blog. Read my stars for the year of 2011 and it predicts it's going to be the year to fall in love. (I've been busy falling in love with myself for the past 6 and a half years) I've only ever fallen in love once, with my son, the second he was born. He took my breath away. It's the first time it has happened in my life. I would love to fall in love again (of course in a different way), with a person who truly takes my breath away. Keep spreading the love vibe and I'll keep you updated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lucy! This really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete